Refreshing on a hot day and fast when you’re in a hurry! Did you know that you can keep your metabolism off-kilter by eating different foods at different times? There is no better way to get a TON of vitamins and nutrients than with a delicious smoothie! Did you know that using frozen fruits can cut down on prep time for your smoothie creations and it’s even more nutritious than fresh fruit! I want to share with you my top 3 smoothies that are nutritious, fast and provide excellent benefits.
#1 The Wild Blueberry Avocado Smoothie- A great smoothie loaded with protective antioxidants.
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5 oz. low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 lime’s zest and juice
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. almond paste
- 5 oz. plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 oz. low-fat milk
- Crushed pink peppercorns
- Chopped mint
1.Cut avocado into halves and remove pit. Spoon avocado meat from the skin and put it into a blender.
2. Purée yogurt, lime zest and juice and 2 tbsp. of brown sugar. Pour into 3 glasses.
3. Purée almond paste, remaining sugar, yogurt and wild blueberries and blend until smooth.
4. Slowly add Wild Blueberry mixture to the glasses so the layers are distinct. Garnish with pink peppercorns and mint. Serve with a stirring stick.
#2 The Wrinkle-Fighting Berry Smoothie- Berries pack more antioxidant punch than any other fruit or vegetable tested and naturally protect skin from the damage that leads to wrinkles.
- 1 cup non-fat or low-fat chocolate milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened green tea
- frozen raspberries
- frozen strawberries
- frozen blueberries
- frozen blackberries
1.Pour chocolate milk, green tea and mixed berries into blender and blend until smoothie has reached desired consistency.
2. Pour smoothie into glass and serve cold.
#3 The Fat-Shredding Blueberry-Pear Smoothie - Pears provide pectin and restrict cells from taking in fat. Pears also helps cells absorb fiber which increases your metabolic rate and helps you stay full in between meals. Blueberries provide high antioxidants that rid your body of toxins; too many can lead to weight gain.
- 1 1/2 red pears
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 ice cubes
1.Cut the pears into chunks and remove the seeds and stems. Keep the skin on as it's full of healthy and tasty nutrients.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree on medium speed until smooth.
Share with us your favorite smoothie below!